At long last the garden is fenced! Since we kept running into rock when we tried to set some t-posts, we had someone come out to drill the holes at which time I decided that I might as well make the garden like one and a half times bigger than originally planned. We had 4 fence posts left over from a previous project. We also had some used landscape timbers stacked in a pile just in case we needed them again. And, we did - 20 years later for the garden fence. :D
If you look close, you'll see the thistles that were the subject of yesterday's Straight Out of the Camera Sunday photos. I ran over them with the riding mower shortly after those pictures were taken.
The 4' and the 6' gates are hung. We wired one side of a 10 1/2' fence panel instead of stapling it to a fence post so we can swing it out in case we need to get a dump truck loaded with compost, a chicken coop, etc., into the garden.
Hubby with helper, Luc, preparing to plant some corn. Hubby has 6 rows for corn and I get the rest of the garden for something else. (The rainwater collection tanks are in the background.)
I'm resting today. Lugging/dragging around 20' fence panels, wiring up to a post, then stapling to the post is hard work. I'm on top of this hammering business -- I drill the holes slightly smaller first then hammer in the staples. After the planting, next up is some kind of drip watering system.
Until next time, God bless.