Thursday, January 27, 2011

Momma Cow and Calf, The Day After

Just for the heck of it I thought I'd post some pictures of the momma cow that hates me saga. 


She is standing guard over her calf which is unseen in the greenery behind her.  She heard and saw me come out from our yard fence and turned her evil eye upon me.


After the first photo, I went back into the house for 20-30 minutes.  When I came out the second time, momma cow had wandered 50 or so feet away to lie down in the sun.  About that time, the calf stood up and started looking for the mother.



The momma cow heard me come out of the gate the second time, got up, and started for her baby.



She greets the baby and sees all is well.  The baby wanders along and out of sight of the next photo.


Momma cow returns her evil eye upon me.

I took the photos with my telescopic lens.  lol  I'm not about to get close since I am enemy #1 in her eyes. 

Until next time, God bless.

8 comments:

The JR said...

She's too big of a critter to have mad at ya.

Don't blame you, I'd stay away from her too - I don't run fast anymore....

Rae said...

When I was a kid I got chased by a momma cow. She was madder than a hornet that I had ventured into her pasture. I still remember the mean look on her face - just about like the one on your momma cow. It was pretty scary being chased by something that big and mad. I don't blame you for staying far away.

Al said...

Woh she looks cranky! I remembered one time while I was jogging a big cow was blocking my way that I can't even move my feet to cross hahaha, scared the hell out of me!

DJan said...

If I were you, I think I'd keep my distance. She does look like she could do you a world of hurt!

Donna said...

I think you made a wise choice!!Hahaaa
hughugs

Charlene said...

Oh I love those pictures. We had angus cattle on our farm, where I grew up and seeing the moms with their calves in the spring was a wonderful thing; black cattle, greeen grass, frolicing in the sunshine!

SquirrelQueen said...

Wow, from the look in mama cow's eyes I can tell she doesn't care for you at all. Good idea to stay far away from that one.

I'm glad to hear mom and the calf are doing fine.

Johnny Nutcase said...

aw, they're cute! (i've been chased by bulls before though, had to climb trees a couple times!)