Friday, January 29, 2010

Wolf Moon

According to Spaceweather as reported on AOL, last night's full moon was 14 percent wider and 30 percent brighter than any full moon to come in the next 11 months, or the rest of the year. It is romantically named Wolf moon by native Americans. Each month's full moon has a different name.

Look closely to the left, you'll see a small spot which is Mars. Austin lights are visible near the bottom of the photo.



I hope to get better photos when my new camera arrives in about ten days.

Until next time, God bless.

3 comments:

kate said...

WOW! It did seem larger than normal! Glad it wasn't just my eyes playing tricks on me. My backyard looked like daylight at 6:15 PM last night, cool, but eerie!

DJan said...

A new camera? Yayy! I think that will be fun for all of us! (smiles)

SquirrelQueen said...

Wow is right, it is beautiful. Great capture Lynn. I'm glad someone posted photos of the wolf moon, it has been too foggy and overcast here to see it.

New camera? New toys are always fun.

Can you tell I took most of the weekend off? I'm getting caught up on all the good stuff I missed.

Judy