Friday, January 29, 2010

A Continuation of the Folding Screen

Since there was material left over from the folding screen, I was able to turn an item that I did not like in its original use into something I did like.

This bonnet set atop

this armoire.

The antique oak armoire was purchased just prior to the completion of the house in 1984. For some reason, I did not like the bonnet on top of the armoire but did not want to throw away. Some twenty years plus later, I found a way to use the bonnet, i.e., over a small hallway into the master bath from the bedroom. You cannot say that I move swiftly, but I started watching HGTV regularly and somehow the idea came to me on what to do with the bonnet.

The back side of the bonnet looked rough and would be seen. Aha! Cover the part that would show with the faux leather and do a design with the decorative nail head strip, following the old adage of "let nothing go to waste." :D

Until next time, God bless.

2 comments:

Lillian Robinson said...

I get my thrills on that kind of stuff! I call it repurposing. That is a very unique use. Love it!

SquirrelQueen said...

That is so cool. I'm like that too, I don't like to throw something away that I might use later.