Thursday, March 26, 2009

Pizza Tonight, Veggie that is

If you like veggie pizza, give this one a try because I get compliments all the time when I bring it to pot luck gatherings. Hubby loves it too.





1 pizza crust,thick or thin, your preference





Pizza sauce


Shredded cheese, combo cheddar and mozzarella


I use the following order when adding ingredients. I do not measure the toppings but spread it around until the crust can hold no more. The toppings will cook down some.



chopped red onion
chopped green pepper
sliced zucchini squash
broccoli floret pieces
artichokes

Spanish olives
ripe olives
sliced grape tomatoes
8 oz package of mushrooms, sliced
Top again with cheese



Just before adding the last cheese topping.

Place in the oven at 450 degrees for 8-10 minutes until cheese is melted; veggies stay a little crunchy. When the pizza comes out of the oven, run a pizza cutter over it.


Additional toppings:

red pepper flakes
grated Parmesan cheese
parsley sprigs- full of antioxidants and settles the stomach

Voila! Hot out of the oven, sliced and ready to eat! Enjoy.

Until next time, God bless.

1 comment:

Mary-Austin said...

YUMMY!!! That looks so good. I wonder if I can get the kids to eat it?? I may try.