Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Day Before Thanksgiving

No doubt most of you have been busily preparing for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow.  My son, daughter-in-law and their son will be driving over from Bryan for dinner and to stay the night.  They have several dogs at home and cannot stay more than a night.  One does not want to impose on a good friend for too long.  :D  Anyway, I'm so excited they are coming that I pulled out my mother's cornbread dressing recipe. 



As I was putting it together, I remembered why I always conned Mom into doing it when it was my turn for Thanksgiving or Christmas -- we traded off the holiday dinners between my mother, my aunt, and me.  Since her passing, I've had hubby pick up dressing and gravy when I did a holiday dinner.  But, this year I'm organized and wanted to do it.



Dirty bowls, measuring cups, and pans were everywhere.  I prepared just about everything for tomorrow except the turkey and a few last minute items.  I even did the egg and sausage casserole for Friday morning.



Generally, I clean up as I go but needed to unload the dishwasher.  So as I said above, dirty pots, utensils, etc., filled the sink and counter tops.  Am I the only one to dislike unloading a dishwasher?  The table gets decorated tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Until next time, God bless.

4 comments:

SquirrelQueen said...

Your pan of cornbread dressing looks exactly like what my mom used to make every year for Thanksgiving, it tasted delicious. Maybe I need to dust off that recipe and give it a try too.

Sorry I have been absent so much lately but I will be back and get caught up after the holiday.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Judy
PS, nope you're not the only one who dislikes unloading the dishwasher!!

Charlene said...

That looks delish! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Sue said...

Wishing you and your family a Blessed and Happy Thanksgiving!
Sue.

The JR said...

No your not, but I like unloading the dishwasher a whole lot better than washing dishes....