When doing a project, I look for easier ways to do something. Since a second shade was needed, I discovered a tip: drill a hole in the 1 x 2 before covering it. You then can make a hole in the material with a pair of scissors and enlarge with a screw driver before pushing the screw in. It is easier and the hole placement is more accurate.
Prior to covering the 1 x 2 shade mounting board.
The finished product from an angle. I am considering moving the two ties out to the side and adding a third tie. I like this look, though. But, adding a third tie is something to consider.
Full frontal view. I couldn't believe how much a difference this lined shade would make in the utility room temperature. I had a sheer pleated shade on this window ever since we moved into this house 25 years ago. This is a northwest window and the new shade lowers the temperature at least five degrees, possibly more. Needless to say with electricity costs rising there will be a savings, small, but a savings nevertheless, both in heating and cooling.
The first shade for the utility room door.
The next project is the bathroom makeover. I found the perfect brown decorative trim for the shower curtain. I needed 6 2/3 yards and the roll had 6 3/4 yards. Talk about luck! I also have samples of paint for the bathroom cabinets. I plan to start this project sometime this week or the first of next week.
Until next time, God bless.